[WF-General] libCirce

Tess Snider malkin at Radix.Net
Wed Oct 4 15:38:05 PDT 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Oliver White wrote:

> Tess Snider wrote:
>
> > Actually, we just fleshed out a tenative MySQL-specific CREATE for the
> > player table.  It does not, in fact, actually appear in any database
> > anywhere.  It hasn't even been tested.
>
> I'm happy to help you flesh it out. How about I provide a list of player data
> we might want to keep track of, and you can figure out what needs to be in the
> database. Sound good?

Sure.  I'd like to keep the player table, for starters, just for stuff
that will be used by all types of games.  I should probably show you what
we've got so far:

CREATE TABLE PLAYER (
  PLAYER_ID         INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
  LOGIN_NAME        VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
  PASSWORD          CHAR(13) NOT NULL,
  EMAIL             VARCHAR(255),
  IS_ADMIN          TINYINT DEFAULT '0', -- that's a boolean to you
  STATUS            VARCHAR(16),
  ADMIN_MEMO        VARCHAR(255),
  LAST_LOGIN        DATETIME,
  LAST_IP           VARCHAR(16)
)

I don't have my SQL92 book with me at work, or I'd give you the SQL92
equivalent of this.  We may end up having to do chained memos in another
table, in place of the ADMIN_MEMO field, if we find that admins want to
make a lot of notations.  (Heaven knows, back on AmberMUSH, we had a
couple of players who had entire volumes of administrative history glued
to their objects.  It wasn't unusual for notorious players to ask for a
fresh player object after they straightened out their acts, so they
weren't carrying around all of that baggage with them.  No one could
*see* what the admins had written about them, but they *knew* it wasn't
pretty.)

Tess