[WF-General] libCirce

Trent Di Renna ted7846 at oak.njit.edu
Thu Oct 5 12:46:44 PDT 2000

> Tess Snider wrote:
>
> > Sure.  I'd like to keep the player table, for starters, just for stuff
> > that will be used by all types of games.  I should probably show you what
> > we've got so far:
> >
> > CREATE TABLE PLAYER (
> >   PLAYER_ID         INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
> >   LOGIN_NAME        VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
> >   PASSWORD          CHAR(13) NOT NULL,
> >   EMAIL             VARCHAR(255),
> >   IS_ADMIN          TINYINT DEFAULT '0', -- that's a boolean to you
> >   STATUS            VARCHAR(16),
> >   ADMIN_MEMO        VARCHAR(255),
> >   LAST_LOGIN        DATETIME,
> >   LAST_IP           VARCHAR(16)

<delurking>

Hmm...I'm in no way an expert (on anything :-)...but I do know that the
new IPv6 standard will have a much bigger IP number than IPv4, so a 16
character field for that might not be able to fit it in.  This might have
been brought up already (and IPv6 might not be used for a while anyway),
but I'm bringing it up, just in case.

</delurking>

Trent Di Renna
ted7846 at oak.njit.edu