[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Mon Oct 9 01:49:03 PDT 2000

Since we're in the process of completing the design and implementation
of the accounting code in the server, I'd like to spark a discussion on
a relevant topic:

What is the difference between an Admin and a Player?

The reason I ask, is that I can anticipate a continuum from
brand-spankin' new newbie, to guy-who-kicks-the-hardware-daily.  For
instance:

Newbie
Average player
Guru player who knows everyone on the server
Mentor who walks newbies through the ropes of getting started
Bug chaser, who is into seeking out bugs in-game and reporting them
Tattler, who habitually complains about abusers to others
Vigilantes, who take on task of "cleaning out" cheaters
One who composes background music for his guild and for others
Player who draws character portraits for GM quests, for CP's
Person who doesn't play, but submits bug patches sometimes
Developer who helps create quests, and has 5 char's in game
SysAdmin who runs the computer system

Which of the above would get "Admin" accounts, and which would just have
"Player" accounts?  What functions would one type of account have, but
the other not?

--
Bryce Harrington
bryce @ neptune.net