[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Patrick McFarland unknown at panax.com
Mon Oct 9 13:47:08 PDT 2000

Hmm, yeah, I agree they should be defined

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Since we're in the process of completing the design and implementation
> of the accounting code in the server, I'd like to spark a discussion on
> a relevant topic:
>
> What is the difference between an Admin and a Player?
>
> The reason I ask, is that I can anticipate a continuum from
> brand-spankin' new newbie, to guy-who-kicks-the-hardware-daily.  For
> instance:
>
> Newbie
Player, if that
> Average player
Player
> Guru player who knows everyone on the server
Player
> Mentor who walks newbies through the ropes of getting started
Player, or Admin depending on what he does
> Bug chaser, who is into seeking out bugs in-game and reporting them
Admin if we allow him to change the code in-game
> Tattler, who habitually complains about abusers to others
Player
> Vigilantes, who take on task of "cleaning out" cheaters
Player
> One who composes background music for his guild and for others
Player, becuase he doesnt do any coding/in-game coding
> Player who draws character portraits for GM quests, for CP's
Player, "..."
> Person who doesn't play, but submits bug patches sometimes
Player, "..."
> Developer who helps create quests, and has 5 char's in game
Admin
> SysAdmin who runs the computer system
Admin if admin-ership is felt useful