[WF-General] Group ownership of characters

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Tue Oct 10 00:24:48 PDT 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, John Tillman wrote:
> 1) Is it possible for more than one person to be allowed to play a
> character?  One person would be the "owner," but they could allow
> several people to run the character when they were not.  It is, of
> course, assumed that the "owner" would trust these players to make
> reasonable decisions, but that is the "owner's" responsibility.

We can do this.  It is what we intend to do with the NPC's already.
Opening the same feature between players should be technically
feasible.  Following my theory that, "If it's possible for the players
to achieve it by working around the system, we might as well make it a
feature and have a little control over it", we probably ought to make
some provision for people to share characters to some extent.

> 2) Is it possible for one player to direct multiple players at one time?

Yes.

--
Bryce Harrington
bryce @ neptune.net