[WF-General] Group ownership of characters

Tess Snider malkin at Radix.Net
Tue Oct 10 21:59:07 PDT 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Tom Austin wrote:

> creating a role playing situation with 1/2 dozen friends, even on line
> should be relatively straight forward but do do it for a massive group of
> playres will be quite a challange. I think a lot of the role playing that
> occures is because of the efforts of a gm. using ratio of one gm to 7 players
> with a not so massive world of 7000 palyers you would need 1000 gms.
> Neverwinter Nights will allow one gm(dm) to manage 64 players online.
> We will have to watch that to see how it goes.

That depends on your player-base.  You'd be surprised.  The more that
people grow accustomed to roleplaying, the less they need GMs around.  The
wizards on the MUSH I played on for years had an almost completely
hands-off policy.  Most of the plots that went on in that game were
player-generated.

Tess