[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Pug pug007 at sgi.net
Wed Oct 11 16:43:12 PDT 2000

 On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Alistair Riddoch wrote:

> What do you think of the idea of town guards? Not immortal, onnipotent
> teleporting town guards like in UO, but ordinary mortal NPCs with no
> specific support in the server, who are posted around the town, and try
> and deal with trouble, not by attacking anyone who appears be commiting
> a crime, but by restraining them? I added a guard character to Acorn recently
> as an experiment. Roxie patrols round the village market place, making sure
> that no skeletons stray into the market area, thus ensuring an area of
> free trade. Later I was thinking about getting her to collect taxes from
> that market traders in the fine tradition of medieval markets.

RTFA. ;) We've been planning this for a long time, under the Prime Justice
System. I'd point you out some references, but the site's down ATM, due to
something involving bulldozers...

--
"Life, death, genocide, that's all small beans. All the important battles are
fought upon the fields of Nomenclature."	http://egrep.org