[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Pug pug007 at sgi.net
Wed Oct 11 18:27:16 PDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 02:05:08PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Still, if there's something we want them to read, then it really ought
> to be in CVS or on the site.  I don't mind encouraging them to read
> perhaps a week or two worth of emails, just to pick up a flavor of the
> thread, but I think it'd be too rude to expect newbies to have to go
> through archives before bringing any given topic up.  We'll never get
> anyone discussing anything in that case!  :-)

I know, but it gets annoying when we get someone bringing up something we
discussed ages ago as if it's new. Like:

"I have an idea! Let's make it so that death is bad, and you don't just
lose experience!"

That's not bad, but then we get other newer people say things like,
"Hey, that's a great away! I think we should do it!"

And it starts this whole thing. I'm not trying to insult anyone earlier in
this thread, BTW. :)

Maybe we should make some kind of index of discussed topics in each area
with links to the Archive? That way, if someone wants to bring it up again,
we won't be repeating it all, but building.

--
"Life, death, genocide, that's all small beans. All the important battles are
fought upon the fields of Nomenclature."	http://egrep.org