[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Wed Oct 11 19:20:19 PDT 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Pug wrote:
> I don't have any problem with brining up old discussions at all. I'm always
> happy to discuss some old topic with a newbie on IRC. What annoys me is
> rehashing some really old and basic idea as if it was never brought up
> before, then it starting a thread of, "Hey, what a cool idea...etc. etc."
> before someone else steps in and mentions that it's been discussed before.
> IMO, it's much better if we can instead just start off my *building* on the
> original discussion.

Well, my point is that one cannot build on something that is not there.
How can we expect newbies to just magically "know" that such and such a
topic is ``basic'' and already discussed??  You haven't got a right to
say RTFM until you've got a FM.

> > Let me reiterate that the Worlds team **really** needs to get started on
> > producing a formal ``The Dural Sourcebook''.  "It's in pug's head" ain't
> > scalable.  ;-)
>
> I'm working on The Dural Sourcebook, Codename: Durasaur. ;) I'm a bit busy,
> and trying to learn LaTeX kinda as I go along, but I have the format pretty
> much done. I'm gonna give it another look-over after I send this and try to
> get an announcement out to World@ telling World People to start sending in
> stuff for their places. I can always play with prettying-up the format
> later with inline graphics and whatnot.

Don't try to do this alone, else it will never get done.  Check in what
you have and solicit help.  Maybe some of those poor newbies would love
to help on this?

--
Bryce Harrington
bryce @ neptune.net