[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Pug pug007 at sgi.net
Thu Oct 12 07:20:17 PDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 08:51:06PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Agreed.  In fact, in reading Malkin's post, it struck me that what we
> _really_ need... the one thing that will __definitely__ address the
> problem, is to start on a good old fashioned, tried-and-true Official
> BelchFire Game Spec.  That's something we _haven't_ talked about yet at
> all.

That does sound good.

> Further, I'm *very* tempted to initiate this with a blank file, and
> paste the text from the WF_Plan document about Belchfire, and simply
> void any previous decisions.  Think about it: if we have any decisions
> that have been written up officially enough to be able to show them to a
> newbie, then cut'n'paste into (or reference from) the official document
> should be no prob.  If not, then those decisions probably need review
> and documentation anyway.

Ye gods, if I'm reading this right, it seems like a living hell. ;) Do you
*remember* all the discussions we had back at the beginning of the project?
Do you really want to go back to 100+ emails/day from the Lists and spend
months discussing the Underworld, then get into massive flame wars over
Orcus? :) If by "written up officially enough" means "on the site somewhere",
it may work, but I would definately suggest against going over all of our
discussions again that haven't been written down in some mission statement.

--
"Life, death, genocide, that's all small beans. All the important battles are
fought upon the fields of Nomenclature."	http://egrep.org