[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Thu Oct 12 13:23:43 PDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Pug wrote:
> > Further, I'm *very* tempted to initiate this with a blank file, and
> > paste the text from the WF_Plan document about Belchfire, and simply
> > void any previous decisions.  Think about it: if we have any decisions
> > that have been written up officially enough to be able to show them to a
> > newbie, then cut'n'paste into (or reference from) the official document
> > should be no prob.  If not, then those decisions probably need review
> > and documentation anyway.
>
> Ye gods, if I'm reading this right, it seems like a living hell. ;) Do you
> *remember* all the discussions we had back at the beginning of the project?

Vaguely.

> Do you really want to go back to 100+ emails/day from the Lists and spend
> months discussing the Underworld, then get into massive flame wars over
> Orcus? :)

Indeed I do.

> If by "written up officially enough" means "on the site somewhere",
> it may work, but I would definately suggest against going over all of our
> discussions again that haven't been written down in some mission statement.

No, I won't accept stuff as "finalized" that is not at least written up
in Wiki.  Anything that exists only in someone's head is fair game.

Yes, I know this probably means that some of the decisions made in the
past may get overturned.  I'm sure that seems worrisome.  But does it
make any sense to go with an approach today that won't pass a concensus
test today?

--
Bryce Harrington
bryce @ neptune.net