[WF-General] Distinguishing Player Objects from Character Objects

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Thu Oct 12 13:31:23 PDT 2000

Back in my Dungeon Master days, I actually had a player that was given a
copy of that comic by his ultra-religious mother, who wanted to 'save'
him before it was too late.  Of course, he became one of the hardest
core DragonLance players I've ever met.  And he had extremely creative
places to hide his RPG materials.

His mom was afraid he would be playing it when he came over to my place
(which of course was true), so engineered that he could only play at his
place, under her supervision.

Obviously, that threw a wrench into the works, but not for long.  I
pawed through my various RPG's to find a non-D&D alternate, and let his
mom "review" them.  Turned out Call of Cthulhu was okay, because, well,
"It's obviously just make believe."  Huh, go figure.  So we ended up
playing CoC in his dining room, and even got fresh baked cookies and
stuff.  Quite froody.  :-)

Pay no mind to religious nuts; they clearly don't know what they think
they know, all the time.

Bryce

--
Bryce Harrington