[WF-General] Distinguishing Admin and Player

Pug pug007 at sgi.net
Thu Oct 12 19:08:20 PDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 02:54:29PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Pug wrote:
> >
> > Right, I didn't think of that. My previous fear was just that you were
> > talking about some kind of previous document or whatever.
>
> If we had such a document, I'd say use it.  But I think the point is
> that we don't have it.  ;-)

That's why I was worried. :) I think that in some previous Offical Goals
List somewhere we mentioned Perm Death, and that's about all.

> > Oh gods, this brings back horrible memories.
>
> I know, I know, there's a lot of built up residual wiki-angst because
> we've been (mis-)using it as a website development tool, which it kind
> of sucks at.

Oh, I don't hate wiki at all, I just really think that having a better way to
move files than having me copy-and-paste them in a really good idea.

> > Right, but I was trying to avoid that to keep to somewhat orderly and avoid
> > some kind of stampede.
>
> Stampedes are great ways to move a lotta cattle.  The trick is
> harnessing it.  I think Wiki has been sitting beside us with that
> harness all this time, and we've not ever realized it.

Maybe stampede wasn't the right word. The only thing I really want to avoid
is having out-of-control discussions about major issues that we've discussed
before, without anyone even realizing that there's very useful old stuff
that could aid the discussion. I just think it's silly to end up having a day
spent with 65 messages posting working out how cool it would be to have a
level-less system, then working out in great detail exactly what we already
have.

--
"Life, death, genocide, that's all small beans. All the important battles are
fought upon the fields of Nomenclature."	http://egrep.org