[WF-General] ACORN: Help Needed for Release Announcement!!!

Jason Oppel jason at oppel.net
Tue Oct 17 10:37:41 PDT 2000

Before you guys start submitting press releases to the community it would
be nice if you could wait until I spruce up the Acorn page and make
presentable.  I'll get this finished some time today and send a notice out
to general@ ok guys?  We want to make a good impression don't we? :)

-Jason <Pato>

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Bryce Harrington wrote:

>    * Notify LinuxToday:  http://linuxtoday.com/contribute.php3
>    * Notify LinuxWeeklyNews:  http://www.linuxweeklynews.com
>    * Notify Imaginary Realities:  imaginaryrealities.imaginary.com
>    * Notify Linux Game Development:  http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames
>    * Notify Linux Game Tome:  http://www.happypenguin.org/
>    * Nofity Tux Games:  http://www.tuxgames.com/
>    * Notify other game development sites as discovered.
>
> As to a time frame to complete these...  Let's shoot for a week, or at
> most two.
>

> Here is a sample announce message that you can base your posting on, if
> you would like:
>

> After several months of development, WorldForge is proud to announce the
> release the second alpha version of "Acorn", an epic pig herding game.
> This game is a technology demo for UClient, Cyphesis, and Atlas, as well
> as an opportunity to display some of the WorldForge artists' work.
>
> Acorn is a client-server 2D-iso game in the style of various multiplayer
> graphical roleplaying games, but where instead of fighting monsters, the
> objective is to raise and fatten pigs for sale to the friendly butcher.
> He who brings home the most bacon by the end of the game wins!
>
> Since Acorn is still in alpha, in addition to the usual flora and fauna
> in the game, you may be fortunate enough to encounter some strange and
> marvelous bugs and horrid misfeatures.  Please describe your findings at
> our SourceForge bug tracker:
>     https://sourceforge.net/bugs/index.php?group_id=11799&_category=4079
>
> More information on Acorn is available here:
>     http://www.worldforge.org/website/rules/acorn/

-Jason