[WF-General] ACORN: client bandwidth requirements

Malcolm Walker walker05 at islandnet.com
Wed Oct 18 11:37:57 PDT 2000

The Begg's wrote:
> Now I really need to beg my friend next door to let me put my linux box on
> the net (he has a cable modem)  ;-)

Acorn is (barely) playable over a 28.8 modem.  If you get hit by lag, it
does some pretty crazy stuff (my character tended to waltz across the
land without any encouragement from me, then would zap back to where he
was "supposed" to be), but it still is *very* cool.

You'll be wanting to get your buddy to download the humungous package
for ya, though ;-)

MW