[WF-General] ACORN: Help Needed for Release Announcement!!!

Alistair Riddoch ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 17:02:25 PST 2000

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 02:47:57PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Wow, I'm pleasantly impressed how quickly everyone's jumped in
> to help the Acorn team!  We've made some very good progress.
>
> In the list below, a '++' indicates a completed task.  If I've
> missed any, please drop me a line and let me know.
>

>    * Update your Acorn entry at Freshmeat.net
>      http://freshmeat.net/announce.php3?id=964958973
>    * Submit news item about Acorn to SourceForge
>      http://sourceforge.net/news/submit.php?group_id=11799
>    * Send an announcement of Acorn 0.2.0 to announce at mail.worldforge.org

All these now done.

> General:  (Volunteers needed!)

>    * Search for articles that have mentioned WorldForge or its products,
>      and place what you can find here:
>      http://www.worldforge.org/website/about/links

For information, we were mentioned in a linux.com article on 2d gaming:-

	http://linux.com/games/newsitem.phtml?sid=92&aid=11096

>    * Notify LinuxToday:  http://linuxtoday.com/contribute.php3

This is more of a News site than a forum for announcing releases. I think
we would benefit better by announcing 1.0 on this site.

>    * Notify LinuxWeeklyNews:  http://www.linuxweeklynews.com

Sent to lwn at lwn.net (and also lwm at lwm.net embarrasingly enough)

Done.

>    * Notify Linux Game Development:  http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames

This site does not post items about game releases, though they are interested
in availability of resources for game developers. Might be worth approaching
them about things like tools and libraries we develop, and the common Free
media repository.

>    * Notify Linux Game Tome:  http://www.happypenguin.org/

Done

>    * Nofity Tux Games:  http://www.tuxgames.com/

I don't think we are quite ready for these people yet, but they may
be worth approaching if we get to the stage when we have a boxable product.