[WF-General] Task/Bug Tracking

Tim Ansell mithro at senet.com.au
Fri Aug 3 14:13:17 PDT 2001

I can most proberly provide some tools again now.. We no longer pay for
out going traffic with no limit. (As long as it doesn't go over 10 gig a
month).

Mithro

Becky Flesher wrote:

> Bugzilla isn't *too* hard to set up.. after all, I set it up once... and if
> *I* can do it, it can't be THAT bad..
>
> JamGrrl
>
> Oliver White wrote:
>
> > Hmm... having had a look at RT, I think perhaps bugzilla might have the
> > upper hand in that it encourages more precise bug reports in the first
> > place. Am I wrong, or does request tracker merely take an email and
> > create a ticket from it?
> >
> > I suppose some people might be more inclined to simply write an email
> > rather than fill in an HTML form, but I'm still not sold on RT...
> >
> > Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >
> > >Hi Guys,
> > >
> > >I know we've bandied about setting up bug tracking, task tracking,
> > >etc. etc.
> > >
> > >Rather than use Bugzilla, which is complicated and hard to set up, I
> > >would recommend using Request Tracker, which is another Perl/MySQL open
> > >source tracker, but looks to be a lot better engineered.
> > >
> > >http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/
> > >
> > >Anyway, dem's my 2 cp's.  ;-)
> > >
> > >Bryce

You must realize that the computer has it in for you. The irrefutable
proof of this is that the computer always does what you tell it to do.