[WF-General] Werewolf is back on!

Fred Spiker fred at nullityvoid.com
Fri Aug 3 11:39:48 PDT 2001

Hey WorldForgers,

My name is Fred Spiker (a.k.a. th3walrus) and I've volunteered to try and get the Werewolf project back up and running. Officially, I'll be doing game design and then some scripting when things get under way. I've never participated in an open source project before so I'd appreciate help and patience from wherever they might come.

My background is in coding. I'm 22 years old, but I've been programming for 16 of those years (if you can believe that). I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and work for a company in Northern Va writing commercial handheld java applications. Really I've been doing all this programming during my life so I could get into game design (if that makes any sense). I've always wanted to design games, but not simply on paper. I want to help implement the games I help design. So WorldForge looked like the place to try my hand at some game design and later on some scripting. That should be all you'd care to know about me. heh

What I'm looking at is to get Werewolf up and running using XClient (of course) and STAGE. Now, I understand there hasn't been much communication between these two projects so hopefully the Werewolf game can act as a middleman. I've looked over the web pages for both XClient and STAGE, but I've got a lot of work to do in understanding these. Any help from XClient/STAGE developers would be appreciated. I'm also looking for someone to head up the coding effort for Werewolf. Like I said, this is my first open source project and I'll admit that I wouldn't be comfortable heading up the development. Preferably this could be someone who has already dipped into both XClient and STAGE. Anyone who wants to help with some preliminary art/music or help me with design would be appreciated too.

That's an overview for now until I get a better feel for what's going on around here. I'm hoping to have a small meeting on Saturday after the STAGE meeting (which I will be present for). Anyone interested in helping out with the project should be there then.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to meet you all soon...

-Fred Spiker (th3walrus)