[WF-General] Werewolf is back on!

Lee Begg llnz at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 8 16:16:19 PDT 2001

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, [iso-8859-1] Tony wrote:
> > To throw in my $0.02, I also get two of some things (including
> > the email being refernced this time). This is using yahoo mail,
> > but I doubt that the mail client has anything to do with it.
>
> There are two common reasons why dup's show up from time to time.

There is another reason, and it also includes why some of the messages are
late.

Some people post to the NEWS GROUPS, instead of the MAILING LISTS.  Now the
mail to news gateway works fine, and quiet fast, but in the other
direction, it seems slow and unreliable.  In the delay caused by the news
to mail gateway, people tend to resend their messages, by email, which gets
delivered very quickly.  Sometime later the news post makes it through,
thus giving two messages.

Later
Lee