[WF-General] Newbie guide in Zope broken

Jason Oppel jason at oppel.net
Mon Aug 20 21:23:43 PDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Clicking on the 'Where do you fit in?' link at the bottom of this page
> returns an error:
>
> http://moria.mit.edu:8080/wf/project/newbie_guide/beginnings
>
> It appears to be trying to go to:

Right now the most up to date version of the Newbie Guide is being kept on
the old site as it's a real PITA to try and keep both sites (cos all the
links in the newbie guide aren't on the new site).  I make no warranties on
Newb Guide on the new site but I'll try to get it more up to date in the near
future.

> http://moria.mit.edu:8080/wf/project/newbie_guide/beginnings/yourplace
>
> I've also tried .../newbie_guide/yourplace, but to no avail.
>
> Do we have a place on the new site that summarizes all the steps one
> must go through to get all the accounts (cvs, wiki, zope, etc.) to get
> into the project?
>
> Bryce

Hrmmm...  Ok point taken..  I'll add those things somewhere in the Newb
Guide soon.  Thanks Bryce, Very cool idea!  I'm really running out of
ideas of things to add so please let me know any of you have more
suggestions.

Everyone who has an idea about something they think that should be in the
Newb Guide please send your suggestions!!  For those of you who haven't
read it (or even if you have) I've recently updated the newb guide on the
old site at:

http://www.worldforge.org/website/about/newbieguide

I'd really love some input on this guide (esp from newbs) as I view it as
a document that will never really be complete.

-Jason <Pato>