[WF-General] NEEDED: Screenshot Collector

John R. Sheets jsheets at mccaawebster.com
Wed Aug 22 13:52:30 PDT 2001

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> The message that the screenshot page should try to convey is that
> WorldForge is not a single game effort but rather several that are
> working closely together.  As well, we are not producing just one set of
> client and server but rather have adopted a strategy of allowing
> diversity and depend on survival of the fittest to help us achieve our
> goals.  I've no idea how to convey this message in screenshots, but am
> sure someone can figure it out.  :-)  It's an important question that
> people struggle with when they first see our site so it's one that we
> should try to answer on this page.

One way is to come up with a specific scene/login scenario, and take
screenshots of the various clients performing the same action.  Heh, call it
the Hello World screenshot (or Hello Lobby).  (c:  This could even be
extended to show a progressive series of more advanced actions, revealing
how far along each client is, side by side.  Thus, you could see at a glance
that client A can log in and chat (two screenshots), while client B can only
log in (only one screenshot), and client C can log in, chat, and roam around
a field (three screenshots).  As soon as client A supports field roaming, a
third screenshot can be uploaded for that.

John

--
John R. Sheets, Consultant
jsheets at mccaawebster.com