[WF-General] Possible media policy change? [was: License stuff. Fun!]

Tom Austin tom.austin at teradyne.com
Wed Apr 10 17:41:39 PDT 2002

Jason,
 I will take a look to nite. and get a sampling of the sizes. I can burn a cd
of all the media as well but I am not sure how that can be distributed. all
my worldforge art (thats everything on my computer, scans, complete and
uncomplete work) is about 400 meg.
Tom
~
~ Tom Austin wrote:
~ >
~ > Uta,
~ >  I was always happy to supply the layered files for any of my work but since I
~ > use painter I thought it would just take up too much space on the website.
~ > If any want a copy of the layered files I will be glad to supply them.
~ > I can save as photo shop files but not all the layers come thourgh in that
~ > format.
~ > Tom
~ >
~
~ Hey Tom,
~
~ How large are the files?  Perhaps it would be a good idea to at least
~ store the Painter files in CVS (zip them if need be) so people can use
~ your work in other pieces?
~
~ At any rate it seems that there's some confusion over exactly what's
~ required by the GFDL.  Perhaps we should just make it a matter of policy
~ to require source files to to any media in which layers are present (in
~ the source files)?  This would avoid even the possibility that we're not
~ in full compliance with the GFDPL/GPL.  This would also allow our
~ artists to benfit and build on the works of others.  What does everyone
~ think?
~
~ -Jason <Pato>
~