[WF-General] Possible media policy change? [was: License stuff. Fun!]

Wolf wolf at wolf.wolf
Fri Apr 12 22:24:06 PDT 2002

Seems to me that almost all the problems relate to the fact that you're
trying to take a license for documentation and make it apply to graphic
media. They're completely different things. For example, the 'source media'
the GFDL is talking about really means the materials (ie/ pagemaker file)
the documentation was originally made with. They don't want you printing off
a copy and calling that "open source" when the next person re-distributes
it. Graphic media for games is a completely different thing - Everything
will always be in a digital form - what does it matter what state the media
is in, as long as it is re-distrubted in an unaltered state?

news:mailman.1018481521.2940.general at mail.worldforge.org...