[WF-General] License stuff. Fun!

Dr.Altaica dr_altaica at lostnet.net
Sat Apr 13 10:37:43 PDT 2002

"John R. Sheets" wrote:

> Karsten Laux wrote:
>
> >Editing a png is fine, if the original just contained one layer, but as soon
> >as the image is composed from several layers, the png is just a rendering
> >without the possibility to edit the image _content_.
> >Content in the case of a layered image is not just the pixel values, but in
> >also provides structure information like layer ordering, layer masks, layer
> >transparency.
> >

> Right, but which is truly the product, and which is the process?  To
> move this example closer to coding (where the issues are more familiar
> to most of us), what about code generation tools?  Let's say I'm

A better example would be with a laguage that isn't compiled. Like if I make
some type of Perl beatifyer that puts scripts in my style and run some Perl
script threw it then distribute that script(Under the GPL) am I required to
distribute the pre beatifyed verson? Thrust me after years of working on MPI and
MUF you would not lprefur my style or codeing.