[WF-General] Latest COAL API

Al Riddoch ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 11:58:14 PDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 07:06:07PM -0500, Brent and Lisa wrote:
> Hi Al,
>     Although my WF coding has slowed down a bit,  I'm still planning on
> doing some work with COAL.  Ptah is written using the latest COAL API.
> Currently I'm idling waiting on more information.  I've been wanting to
> implement containerism but haven't been able to create a consensus on how
> this should be done.  I'm also planning on implementing a Geo/Atlas loader
> for COAL whenever a first draft of the format is release.  You can start
> whenever since I'm not working on anything right now, but it would be nice
> to know what your plans are.

The two changes I have in mind immediatly are to move the library into
a C++ namespace called Coal, and get rid of the "Coal" prefix on all the
class and type names, and to change the first letter of member function
names to lower case in keeping with the convention used in most WorldForge
code.

In the longer time I was thinking of adding classes which have explicit
support for GIS data.