[WF-General] atlas-python package for SMGL

Alistair Riddoch alriddoch at zepler.org
Wed Jul 21 09:12:35 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 08:35:52AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Alistair Riddoch <alriddoch at zepler.org>:
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 08:12:36AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > > Source Mage GNU/Linux[0] now has a package for Atlas-Python[1].
> > >

> > The version Atlas-C++ you are having problems with is a development series
> > in cvs that is currently not in use. When releases are created from this
> > series, all the files required are bundled into the release and there
> > is no requirement for Atlas-Python. There is therefor no need to package
> > or distribute Atlas-Python as its not used anywhere else.
>
> eris from cvs, needed by sear 0.5.0, says it needs Atlas-C++ from cvs (atlas-c++
> 0.6), which in turn said it needs Atlas-Python. Or did I miss something (perhaps
> a release of atlas-c++ 0.6)?

sear 0.5.0 requires eris 1.2 which is not the development version in cvs.
eris 1.2.0 is released and available from the ftp site. Eris 1.2.0 requires
Atlas-C++ 0.4.93 or later, known as the transitional series.

Nothing we have released required development Atlas-C++ from cvs, and
we will release a version of Atlas-C++ that does not require Atlas-Python
to build before releasing anything the requires it.

Alistair Riddoch
alriddoch at zepler.org
http://www.zepler.org/~alriddoch/