[WF-General] Converting CVS repository to Subversion

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Sun Jul 10 15:51:31 PDT 2005

I am starting the testing of converting WorldForge's CVS repository to
Subversion.

What this means is that after the switch-over is done, the CVS
repository will be moved to read-only for about two weeks and after
that it will be taken offline.

The CVS data will be backed-up thoroughly before the switch-over and
I'll be asking people to check the subversion files for any consistency
errors once the bulk of the move is done.

Right now the directory and access methods are being worked on by the
admin folks at Seul so details are fuzzy, but I'll post here when we
figure them out.

Time frame for this conversion is next weekend - that is the weekend of
16 July for you calendar challenged folks.

thanks,

---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer