[WF-General] A few issues with sear

Alistair Riddoch alriddoch at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 8 16:42:22 PDT 2007

I've had a few issues with sear recently.

Firstly, the warriors/merceneries near the origin show the contents of
their inventory rendered on the ground at their feet. IIRC there is a
flag for this in the media, but I don't recall where it is.

Secondly, the warriors sometimes don't appear at all. Not easy to
re-produce, but it appears to be linked to some code I added that
makes them move around, and pick things up. It might be because they
have an outfit property set with random settler clothes they picked up
off the ground.

Thirdly I am getting weird texture issues. Oak trees that look fine at
great distance (probably when billboarded) but have the default "Sear"
texture closer. Fir trees that have the default texture when
billboarded, and at other times the fir trees have a strange blobby
green texture close up. Any idea what might be going on?

Recent changes should to some extent fix the massive pile of rubbish
that builds up near the origin, as the warriors now pick it up, though
until I can work out how to get them to burn it, it will just build up
in their inventories.

Alistair Riddoch
alriddoch at zepler.org
http://alistairriddoch.org/