[WF-General] Access control in cyphesis

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at iteam.se
Mon Apr 16 04:23:29 PDT 2007

I've started adding better authoring tools to ember. There are some
screenshots over here: http://amber.worldforge.org/ember/screenshots/
I'm wondering about the access controls in cyphesis. Both make and set
ops seems to be available to non-admins, whereas delete ops are
available for admins only. Is it trivial to change it so that non admin
users don't have access to those ops?

I do however think that currently we want to encourage users to tinker
with our servers. There's been no problem with griefing so far etc., so
we should keep the default settings to allow non admins to create and
modify entities. Best would be if it were a config file switch (perhaps
it already is?).

/erik