[WF-General] The Forums: a failed experiment

Niels Langager Ellegaard niels.ellegaard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 05:42:17 PDT 2007

On 4/29/07, Alistair Riddoch <alriddoch at googlemail.com> wrote:
> About 18 months ago I set up phpbb forum software on
> http://forums.worldforge.org/ as an experiment to see if we could
> build a community of people interested in WorldForge but not
> accustomed to using the communications tools used by developers.

If you take down the forum then you could perhaps add
worldforge-general to http://gmane.org. They provide a simple web
interface. It is almost as easy as using a forum.

When you use gmane to post on the list for the first time, gmane will
send you mail asks you to confirm your address. That sorts out most of
the spam problem.

Personally I am a usenet enthusiast, so I  would like to be able to
read the mailing list through nntp at gmane.

                          Niels (A lurker on this list)

http://gmane.org/add.php