[WF-General] WorldForge Media Indexer status update

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 01:56:11 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

I've been poking around the "mediaIndexer" script Erik found for some time
now, so I thought I'd give you folks a status update.

It's harder to change the script to not scan and rescan the directory tree
than I initially thought, so my first try at this failed miserably and broke
the whole thing.

I've now decided to tackle this from a whole new angle. As I suck at doing
webdesign and the look of mediaIndexer is kind of nice, I will keep the code
that generates the actual web page, and I'll pretty much redesign the
backend.

This will take a bit more time, but should eventually give us a clean codebase
to work from. Once I have the architecture I want this to be in worked out,
I'll push my new branch to git.wf.o

Cheers,
Kai

--