[WF-General] PSSM shadow class

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:22:48 PDT 2009

Hi, I refactored the PSSM setup into a separate class,
ShadowCameraSetup. The main reason is that it was then easier to hook it
up to get the values for setting up the camera from varconf. I've added
a new section in ember.conf, "shadows", where the shadows can be altered.
The nice thing about all this is that it's simple to alter the shadows
from within ember. Just run the command "/set_value shadows <setting>
<value>". For example "/set_value shadows texturesize 512".
Just remember to run make install to update your ember.conf since else
no values will be set.

I've added comments about some of the settings in ember.conf, but some
of the others I simply don't know enough about. could you take a look
and add the correct comments?
There's also perhaps some additional shadow parameters which could
benefit from being dynamically updateable. If you think of any just add
them to the class.

/Erik