[WF-General] A little help

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:16:53 PDT 2009

Yes, this is also why we want to represent the water as an entity
(instead of the "hack" it's now where we just place a plane on the
server at zero altitude).
If it's an entity the existing mouse picking functionality will kick. It
will even register where on the water the user clicked (just like it
recognizes where on the terrain the user clicked).
We will however need to do some additions to Ember so that we can
represent the water entity in a good way (a normal Model/Mesh won't do
in the long run), but that's something that I will do, since it involves
some pretty core knowledge of how Ember does stuff. To start with it
will however do just fine with one _very_ large box for the water, as
long as it can be interacted with.

/erik