[WF-General] Water simulation

jonni at lehtiranta.net jonni at lehtiranta.net
Wed May 6 13:17:54 PDT 2009

That sounds so incredibly cool I'll have to make noise =).

Let me know when you get around to simulating water. I'm telling you this
because I have a background on physical modeling, and have written several
different models for fluids. Mostly on a course, and with Fortran, but I
have a neat simulation for the Shallow Water Equations on C++ as well, and
am working with and studying those right now. Shallow Water Equations give
nice waves, and can take wind input directly.

These are resource intensive tasks to do in real time, but for a game
several optimizations are possible. Further, a short simulation can tell
what kind of waves hit the shore, and that knowledge can be used to
"cheat" and do the same thing in an easier way.

That said, for the time being I'm unfortunately busy with many things =(.
But the summer seems better in this respect too.

 -Jonni Lehtiranta // Aldaron