[WF-General] Hi folks

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Thu May 7 04:58:25 PDT 2009

Are you sure you've registered on Launchpad? There's no "bunz" user:
https://launchpad.net/~bunz

Note that regarding the ogg support, most of the needed functionality is
in place (since last years SoC), but it needs to be fixed to better
behave with the concepts of "streamed" and "in memory" sounds.
I.e. Romulo assumed that all ogg sounds were streamed, and all wav
sounds were in memory, in which he unfortunately was mixing two
different concepts up. A streamed sound is any sound that is too large
to be put in memory all at once, and thus needs to be streamed from
disk. So a large wav file would need to be streamed, while a small ogg
file could be put in memory at once after it had been decoded.

So this is basically the functionality which needs to be added in order
for the ogg sounds to work: make sure that the loading of ogg sounds
works within the changes to the sound framework which I did and which
treats streamability as something different from the format of the sound.
Of course, a sound file which is small enough to be loaded into memory
directly is much more easier to implement than the cases where we want
to stream the sounds, whether they are wav or ogg (or flac or any codec
we want to support).

/Erik