[WF-General] Earthworms as bait for fishing

Max Randor max.randor at googlemail.com
Sat May 30 04:38:54 PDT 2009

</lurk>
One point you might want to consider is that modeling lots of earth
worms across the entire land surface of the world is going to take a
lot of computational power even if it would be realistic.
It would probably be better if the mound of earth had in its
constructor a probability of having earth worms and so the number of
earth worms would vary from mound of dirt to mound of dirt and so be
realistic but without having thousands of earthworms being stored in
memory.
The only difference in this from your second option is that instead of
the number of earthworms that were under that patch of ground being
added to the pile of dirt the number is instead randomly generated
with a suitable probability distribution.

It has however been a good while since I did any Worldforge related
stuff and so I may be very wrong.

I am glad to see the Worldforge seems to be doing well.

Regards,

Max Randor
<lurk>