[WF-General] Earthworms as bait for fishing

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Sun May 31 11:17:36 PDT 2009

But we want to simulate the situation when a worm is placed in a
container which has no dirt, or when it's placed on the fishing rod as
bait etc.. It's less resource intensive to only let the container entity
handle the existence of worms, but it's more complex and can present
strange corner cases since compared to reusing much of the current
functionality and concepts.
Regarding acorns, I would actually rather see that we create the acorn
entities the moment they are created on the oak, and have them attached
there until they fall off. That would allow us to better simulate
squirrels etc, and would allow us to better model the oaks in game
(having the acorns attached to them etc.). I don't know how much stress
that would put on the server though; Al knows more about this area.

/Erik