[WF-General] Decoupling Entity and View in Eris

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:53:49 PST 2010

Hi, I've created a topic branch in Eris for decoupling View and Entity.
The main reason for doing this is that the object relationships in Eris
are a bit tangled, and this makes it hard to do stuff like having client
local entities.
The main reason for having that is to have client side authoring
support, where you want to create entities on the client which aren't
yet represented on the server.

The code is in this branch:
http://git.worldforge.org/?p=eris.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/decouple_entity_and_view

I've already done changes in Sear to make it work with this new design
in a local branch (apogee is a little harder since it's in cvs). The
only needed change is that to retain the current behaviour you need to
inherit from Eris::ViewEntity instead of Eris::Entity.

If there are no objections I'll push to master.

/Erik