[WF-General] WorldForge Up and Running

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 03:35:22 PST 2010

Hi, glad to hear that you're getting started with digging into the code.

I'm in Sweden, and unfortunately have a little spotty attendance record
on irc currently. I'll try to see if I can be more available.

If you're having trouble accessing github through ssh there's a risk you
might run into the same problems with our git server, but Kai would know
more about that.

The absolute first thing you should do is to make sure that you're
registered to the CVS mailing list, which records all commits (it's a
bit unfortunately named as we don't use CVS actively anymore). It's the
best way to see what's going on in the project.

A tip when working on the atlas communication is to use the network
traffic logger in Ember. Start it with the command "/show_serverLogger".

Regarding where to start looking in the code you need to look both in
the client and server code.
For the client you should look in Eris::Connection::refreshServerInfo()
and for the server in Connection::GetOperation(...) and the class
ServerRouting.

The first part should be to just expand the things sent from the server
to also send the capabilities. Later on we would need to flesh out how
the client should deal with it.

/Erik