[WF-General] Questions regarding distribution of server

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:18:13 PST 2010

Hi, the cyphesis server is single threaded. However, it should be worth
knowing that the Atlas protocol is designed with the intention that all
AI should be using the same protocol for interacting with the world as
any other client.
Therefore it should be possible to use multiple AI clients, each one
running in its own process (or in a grid etc.) and the server only
handling world simulation and message routing.

So, if you want to make a distributed server you should preferably start
with cyphesis and work on making the AI clients use separate processes.
If you want to make the actual simulation parallel you probably first
had to describe your ideas for that.

The Atlas library is very, very stable and feature complete.
The Atlas specification very much so also, but is easily extendable.

/Erik