[WF-General] Integration of Google Breakpad into Ember

chirag jain chiragjain1989 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 07:15:18 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am a 3rd year undergraduate student pursuing my bachelors in Engineering
from Delhi University, India. This year I would like to contribute to the
world of open source with the help of Google Summer of Code.
I am already working for open source community by creating activities for
OLPC XO laptop. Recently I developed Listen and Spell game and learning
activity which runs successfully on OLPC XO laptop. Here is the link:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4234

<http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4234>I am also working as
a Software Engineer at SEETA (Software for Education, Entertainment and
Training Activities) http://seeta.in <http://seeta.in/j/>
Here is my profile link:
http://seeta.in/j/team.html

<http://seeta.in/j/team.html>I have a decent knowledge of C++ in which I am
working for last 5 years. From last 1 and a half year I have also got good
knowledge of Python and PyGtk which I used for developing the Listen and
Spell activity.

Ever since I started playing digital games, I always have an urge to know
the technicalities behind developing games. Worldforge is an excellent
platform where I can contribute something to the gaming world.

I have gone through the ideas list provided for this year GSoc and I would
like to integrate the Google Breakpad automatic crash reporting system into
Ember. I have already installed Ember and just checking it out.
I also went through the documentation of Google Breakpad provided at
http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/w/list

<http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/w/list>Ember as mentioned in the
documentations at worldforge, is currently available for Linux and Windows
both. Google breakpad on the other hand provides its client libraries for

Windows on x86 and Mac OS X on both x86 and PowerPC. The client libraries
for Linux are still under review.

So I would like to confirm with the community, that what is the greater
priority of integration of breakpad into ember for windows or linux ?

As the client libraries for linux are still under reviews, we will have to
see the further options.

Regards
--
Chirag Jain