[WF-General] [GSOC] Skill requirements

Zdravko Velinov z.velinov at vkv5.com
Mon Mar 29 12:14:48 PDT 2010

The light maps are just the scene rendered from above without texturing,
so I don't think that it would be such a big problem to generate them at
load time. And of course there is a theoretical speed up.

Actually nothing stops me from using the conventional light system - the
lightnings are just a regular directional light source. And if it doesn't
produce efficient results, constant color textures could be used or at
least some randomization could be applied. Some of the effects could be
faked by using post-processing, for example the interaction between the
rain drops and the city lights(blurred cones).