[WF-General] Request for help, and perhaps GSOC

Erik Hjortsberg erik.hjortsberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 05:27:05 PDT 2010

Hi, the documentation on the main site isn't exactly organized. Some of
it is also pretty obsolete.
If you tell us what you've found so far we can help you find that which
you've missed.

It's worth knowing about the Atlas protocol, and how the world is
described using it. One of the best way is to start up the Ember client
(build from source through the Hammer script:
http://wiki.worldforge.org/wiki/Hammer_Script ) and issue the command
/show_serverLogger . This will show you all communication with the
server in raw Atlas xml form.

Cyphesis is designed to work with natural language for communication
(and transmitting of knowledge). A short example of this can be found
here: http://worldforgedev.org/archives/25
Al has some more info about the Interlinguish system over at
http://alistairriddoch.org/ (some things about acorn might be obsolete
though).

If you are interested in participating in the SoC you should submit an
application. The application window is only open for a couple of days,
and the sooner we get your application the better, as we can then give
feedback etc..
I think your proposed project sounds interesting.

/Erik