[WF-General] Linux issue?

Taben Yaroslav yaroslav.taben at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 16 07:39:08 PST 2015

This is quite weird to me. The mouse problem should specifically be addressed by the optimize for games option.
However, you could also try to do some manipulations on the Linux side. I've had an article that described various remedies to this problem, and one of the remedies was to disable the mouse driver provided by vm in Linux itself. When I get home, I can try to find it.

I've built ember from source on Linux quite recently myself, but I used a different distribution. Fedora didn't work well for me, so I changed to Ubuntu. It seems to have some better support in VMware.
However, if the installation version works, I'm sure that it should be possible to build it.
I also had some attempts to build it on Windows, only to find that I lacked a lot of expertise (simply using hammer didn't work out).  If I happen to get it going, I'll notify you.

Yaroslav