[WF-Infra] worldforge.org

Dan Tomalesky grim at xynesis.com
Sun Jul 1 22:10:19 PDT 2001

Well, I've spent some time today fixing shit on the site.  I've hopefully removed every instance of worldforge.net whereever its actually a problem and rewritten parts that use services that used to be on .net (irclogs and mail archives)

Also, for some reason news stopped working, so I messed around with that and found that the getURL script stopped working.  I rewrote it to work like the getnews.pl script and use perl's get() instead of wget system call.

Is there any reason not to use get()?  I didn't understand why use wget with all these commandline options when you can just use get().

My change will affect all places that use a url in a <wiki include >, so let me know if we need to rethink this or not.

Dan (Grimicus)

--
    Aliquid melius quam pessimum optimum non est