[WF-Infra] Zope-Problems

kosh kosh at aesaeion.com
Thu Jul 12 16:02:15 PDT 2001

On Thursday 12 July 2001 03:20 am, you wrote:
> When trying to edit the new site i ran into these problems...
>
> Edit box for text area is WAY to small, when you goto Control-Panel ->
> Configure and change the width etc you get the following error

keylist should be an impossible error. What that is indicating is that your
browser did not post the form since that is what that is. I will certainly
look into it and see what could be done about it. Probably the best i can do
is do nothing if your browser does not submit the form.

> Error Type: NameError
> Error Value: keyslist
>
> <!--
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 223, in publish_module
>   File /home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 187, in publish
>   File /home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221,
> in zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: FrontPage)
>   File /home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 171, in publish
>   File /home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
> 160, in mapply
>     (Object: config_object)
>   File /home/zope/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 112, in call_object
>     (Object: config_object)
>   File /home/zope/Zope/lib/python/Products/CompoundDoc/controlpanel.py,
> line 867, in config_object
>     (Object: FrontPage)
> NameError: (see above)
>
> -->

What web browser are you using? I know both netscape 4 and mozilla have
problems drawing that interface. However that interface is going to change
completely after not too long. I am not sure what mozilla's excuse is since
the page is fully validated and works in konqueror, ie, and opera.

> The tabs at the top of the object are all streched and disjointed.
>
> What do profiles do? I can't seem to figure out how to use them/how they
> effect the page. Ocassionaly i can't change the profile to WF_Doc, it
> doesn't give any error but just sits there untill it finally returns
> "NoData" error. Changing Profiles also seems to nuke data, there should
> be some warning about this. Can you make the default profile WF_Doc?

What exact web browser version are you using? Do you know if you have a proxy
between you and the server? If so what version is it?

> How do you change the order of stuff?

Changing the order of stuff on the edit screen is not trivial. Those screens
are setup using dtml to provide for the custom interface. However it can be
customized then added to all CompoundDocs as another layout.