[WF-Infra] Zope-Problems

Tim R Ansell mithro at senet.com.au
Fri Jul 13 15:28:54 PDT 2001

kosh wrote:

> On Thursday 12 July 2001 07:17 am, you wrote:
> > 2 Semi important feature requests,
> >
> > 1. The ability to select a custom style sheet for the current page
> > (needed for the Chopping Block)
> That will be done at some point just not sure when. Lots of stuff I need to
> do for clients etc. I am willing to work with you to get that feature into
> CompoundDoc if you want sooner though.
>

> > 2. The ability to turn on wrapping of in the text boxes (make editing a
> > bit easier :)
>
> Until there is a way in html to do this it will not be added. On the w3c no
> such way is listed. With CSS3 this is supposed to be a way to do this but
> considering how things are shaping up now konqueror and opera would be the
> first to support it.

Currently there is no "offical" way to do this but you can add a
"wrap=<type>" parameter to a text area. This is supported by
Netscape-2.0 and above and IE 3.1 and above. I'm pritty sure opera would
have support for it aswell. Even if the browser doesn't support it there
should be no harm in adding it.

There are 3 types of wrapping, off (obvious), soft - this wrapping
appears only in the browser (this is the one i would prefer) The
wrapping is removed when it's sent to the server, hard - wrapping is
sent to the server with \n's where the wrapping should be.

Mithro