[WF-Infra] Calling all servers

anubis  tonopah at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:19:42 PDT 2001

Greetings,

In anticipation of the upcoming Acorn 0.4.0 release, we need to get as large
a pool of ftp mirrors as possible.

The current ftp archive is about 555MB on my machine, so you'll want a
machine with a good amount of space.  Additionally, I've seen about
1GB/month total download volumn recently.  However, considering the new
Acorn pre-release media package is 250MB, I would expect the total bandwidth
usage to increase.

There is some information on setting up a mirror on the
http://www.worldforge.org/website/archives/downloads.html page.  If you need
any help with setting up your software, or have other questions, don't
hesitate to ask on this list, or drop in to irc.worldforge.org #infra.  By
the way, weekly synching is probably sufficient, but daily is preferable.

If you do set up a mirror, please add it to the
http://www.worldforge.org/website/archives/downloads.html page.

Thank you all for your help.

anubis