[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] Website editable now

Dave Turner novalis at novalis.org
Thu Mar 1 17:23:01 PST 2001

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Alright, it's reactivated.  :-)

Well, I am, anyhow.

> The issue appears to be that the file 'admins' was missing from the
> site.  And you're right that admin/site appears to be old...  Not sure
> what's up there.  But now you should be able to add wiki accounts.

I can add normal users, but those new users can't authenticate.

> The one bit of bad news is that now we've got to rebuild the admins
> list.  So nova, could you find out who is still available to do wiki
> accounts and fill that file in?  We should shoot for having at least
> half a dozen, but probably no more than a dozen, active admins.

Yes, and no.  I can find as many wiki admins as we need.  I can't give
them accounts, since I don't know the format of the admins file.
Assuming it's username:cryptedpassword, it has the same issue as the
users file.

> Also, I only checked a few files in the admin section of the website; if
> you spot any other issues or breakages, let me know and I'll look into
> it.

News, but you knew that :)