[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] Website editable now

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Thu Mar 1 17:34:41 PST 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Dave Turner wrote:
> > The issue appears to be that the file 'admins' was missing from the
> > site.  And you're right that admin/site appears to be old...  Not sure
> > what's up there.  But now you should be able to add wiki accounts.
>
> I can add normal users, but those new users can't authenticate.

Okay, think I figured this out.  Try again.

> > The one bit of bad news is that now we've got to rebuild the admins
> > list.  So nova, could you find out who is still available to do wiki
> > accounts and fill that file in?  We should shoot for having at least
> > half a dozen, but probably no more than a dozen, active admins.
>
> Yes, and no.  I can find as many wiki admins as we need.  I can't give
> them accounts, since I don't know the format of the admins file.
> Assuming it's username:cryptedpassword, it has the same issue as the
> users file.

It's the same as the users file.  In fact, you can just cut and paste
people from users into admin.

Note that there are two files that you have to modify to make an admin -
the password page (called "Admin Users", at admin/site/admins) and the
access page (called "Admins", at admin/site/cgi_interface).  Yes, it's
confusing, but such is the way of things.  ;-)    (Feel free to reorg)

> > Also, I only checked a few files in the admin section of the website; if
> > you spot any other issues or breakages, let me know and I'll look into
> > it.
>
> News, but you knew that :)

Yeah, it's on my list.

Keep on me about other pages that are behaving wrongly.  I broke a lot
of symbolic links when I installed this, and I'm not 100% sure where
they all are supposed to be.  But bit by bit it'll get cleaned up.  :-)

Bryce